suicide is a conscious attempt to end a person’s life by himself, which may turn into an action or only to remain emotionally in person. The definition of
suicide as a behavior is a death committed by one’s own hands.
According to Schneiderman, “suicide is a conscious act of self-harm, which can be considered a multidimensional discomfort in a needy human being, which is best conceived for his designated problem.”
According to the U.S. National Institutes of Mental Health’s Center for Studies, suicide is a conscious attempt to end one’s life by itself, which may turn into action or only in an emotional way. This definition suggests three different forms of this phenomenon.
1) Suicide is over: a successful act that leads to death.
2) Attempted suicide: An incomplete act is called an act that has not resulted in death.
3) Thoughts and tendencies of suicide: thought or willingness to suicide that exists in one’s mind but has not been implemented.
World Health Organization (WHO) statistics show that about 400,000 people die each year due to successful suicide. Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death for all ages in most countries of the world. While the mortality rate of suicide patients among men is three times higher than that of women, women are four times more likely to attempt suicide than men.
There are several classifications regarding causes of suicide, here one of these classifications is referred to.
1) Psychopathological causes including physical illnesses, mental illnesses such as depression.
2) Economic causes including unemployment, economic problems, being fired from work and loss of social bases.
3) Emotional causes including loss of love, loss of a person of interest, death or dangerous illness of one of the close proximity, conflicts and family disorders.
- Suicide preventive factors
based on the results of different studies can be mentioned some predictive factors of suicide. Among the characteristics associated with high risk of suicide are over 45 years of age, male sex, alkalism, violence and irritability, loss of physical health, depression and previous hospitalization. Also, previous suicide attempts are considered as a strong criterion for the possibility of suicide again. The most obvious warning in suicide is to express a direct desire. Studies show that almost two-thirds of those who commit suicide have already shared their intentions and threatened them to do so. Therefore, one of the successful ways to prevent suicide is to pay attention to expressing this idea through others to help solve their problems and guide them to refer to a psychologist or psychiatrist.
- Methods of coping with suicide
treatment of suicide victims are:
1) Counseling, guidance and support of person
2) training and problem solving treatment
3) individual psychotherapy
4) family intervention
5) group therapy
6) drug treatment
7) Hospitalization in the psychiatric
ward allows the individual to identify them more effectively and use them to solve the problem by examining the various solutions that are ahead. Let’s remember that suicide can be a solution, but the worst and last resort is a problem. There are always many simple, inexpensive and decent solutions to solve all problems that we need to think about and find them with the help of a consultant, the suicide of two people who speaks of suicide does not work. It’s not that it’s a false belief. Mental health professionals (psychiatrists, psychologists) always take the patient’s word seriously.
Suicide means the end of life in one’s own hands, if one commits suicide but survives, we call this behavior an act of suicide. Currently, more than one million people per year are killed in the world and 10-20 million people commit suicide. In the West (The West) the main victims of suicide are elderly men. The important point is that suicide can be prevented in many cases.
- Misconceptions about suicide:
▪ the person who speaks suicide does not act on it. It’s not that it’s a false belief. Mental health professionals (psychiatrists, psychologists) always take the patient’s word seriously.
▪ People are selfish or have no faith. In many cases, a person who kills himself suffers from psychiatric illnesses, including depression, so we are dealing with the patient and not the weak or unbelieving person and the patient needs treatment.
- Causes of suicide:
1) Psychiatric diseases such as major depression, bipolar disorder, alcoholism, addiction.
2) Sociocultural causes including imitation, media influence, dissocation, unemployment, suicide epidemic.
3) Psychological causes: defeat in love, concamore or any other defeat, stress
(fornication disputes) predictive factors
(prediction) suicide: young, married and woman under 30 years of age previous history of suicide, family history of suicide, depression, feeling helpless and indifference, threats or expression of suicide, addiction.
- How do we guess our loved one is at risk of suicide?
▪ If he talks about death and dying recently and says what life is good for, what happens at the end of the day, when everyone dies, Ikeash dies, death is better than life, happy for those who died.
▪ If a person’s behavior has changed recently, he has become low-spoken, regularly in his or her own mind, he has recently become very kind, he forgives his objects.
▪ if he threatens to kill himself or talks about suicide.
Listen to his words carefully and empathetically, lest you advise him to tell him that I understand that you are trapped in a difficult situation, but that you have gone mad! Except you child! Do you want to go to hell? What do you answer to God? Depression, which is one of the main causes of suicide, can be prevented and treated. Be sure to introduce the person to a psychiatrist or psychoanalyst yourself, go to the doctor yourself if the person refuses to go to the doctor yourself and you want to remember that “suicide prevention is a public duty”, the suicide-suicide person should not be left alone and if the psychiatrist is advised, you may need to be admitted to a psychiatric ward of a hospital.
Has the suicide is the crisis ever faced with a desperate consequence in life so that you want to put an end to everything? Has death ever been presented as a better solution than fighting life? Many people have thought about death in a period of their lives, but very few of them actually do suicide. A suicide crisis is a turbulent, painful and difficult experience. To get out of a suicide crisis, determining the factors causing the crisis, understanding the feelings of the suicide person and confronting suicide-oriented thoughts are very important and fundamental issues.
- What leads to a suicide crisis?
A suicide crisis is usually caused by a traumatic experience or a series of experiences that overwhelm a person’s sense of worth. These experiences include a fundamental lack of, incompetence in achieving personal goals or long-term personal problems. When a person’s coping system is unable to cope with negative life experiences, depression and the resulting despair can make a person vulnerable to suicide thoughts.
- The feelings of
a suicide person generally withdraw from social interactions due to a sense of alienation. He feels isolated and alone in the crowd. The necessary force for daily functions decreases. Feelings of fatigue and mood swings are created. Sleep, food and self-care habits are out of order. A person may refrain from eating because of the difficult and unbearable requirements of life, have difficulty sleeping, forget his or her class or work, and neglect his or her appearance. The emotions of anger, injury and sadness include a person’s sense of hopelessness and helplessness.
- Methods of dealing with suicide
thoughts are mentioned below several strategies to deal with the mystery of suicide crisis. A key point for progress through this situation is to establish a relationship with a person and to participate in finding alternative ways to (justify) life (survival).
1) Share your fears, fears and concerns with your parents, friend, wife, teacher, counselor or cleric. If you don’t have a solution to the problems, it doesn’t mean that there are no other problems. Expressing your thoughts and feelings begins a process through which force, hope and feelings of value are re-established and lead to the discovering of other solutions to resolve the crisis. If the thoughts of suicide last before a few days, professional and professional assistance will be required.
2) Write specifically what makes you uncomfortable. In addition, determine how you deal with problems. By specifying what you do to deal with a particular issue, you leave your mind open for other solutions.
3) Replace positive thoughts with negative thoughts. If you constantly meditate on the flaws, faults and misgivings of your life, you will internalize your self-belief and a negative attitude about the future. Focusing on positive personal documents, abilities and partnerships will create a balanced attitude about yourself and your abilities. Sometimes talk to yourself to make yourself feel better.
4) Identify those whose lives will be damaged if you kill yourself. It is hard to determine if someone needs you in your life. However, we are all involved in social networks and at any moment of time there is a person who has a meaningful relationship with you. Keep in mind that you are accounted for (you are important to others), and you deserve to make things better.
Life becomes hard in periods of time, everyone has ups and downs. One part of the goodness of life is that you hope tomorrow will be better than yesterday.
If you are suffering from depression, frustration and thoughts of suicide, be sure that referring to mental health professionals will help you greatly.
- Suicide prevention!? Why do people kill themselves?
Our common characteristic among those who attempt suicide is the belief that suicide is the only solution to overcoming unbearable emotions. However, there are other solutions.
We all experience feelings of solust, depression, indifference and hope throughout life, the death of a family member and the relationship breaking down are among the things that affect our self-esteem. Since each person’s emotional structure is unique, each of us responds differently in different situations.
In discovering whether someone really intends to commit suicide, this critical situation needs to be assessed from the perspective of the individual, because it may seem very important to the other person, or an event that you don’t care about.
Regardless of the nature of the crisis, if anyone feels that they are no longer tolerant of problems, there is a risk of suicide as an attractive solution.
signs at least 70% of those who attempt suicide show their intentions before attempting to act. If you know a person who is in a stressful position in establishing a targeted communication or achieving predetermined goals, or even having difficulty defeating them, you need to find other symptoms of the crisis.
Many people often express sentences such as “I want to kill myself” or “I don’t know how long I can handle these pressures and problems”, or “I’ve kept my pills for the day when things really get worse” or “I’ve been driving lately as if I don’t really care what happens to me.” In general, the presence of feelings of depression, expression of helplessness, loneliness and intense hope can indicate thoughts leading to suicide in the individual. Listening to the person’s conversations, which is a sign of asking for help from him, is very important because usually such talk is a desperate attempt by the person to communicate, get help and understand his problems by others.
Most of the time, there are changes in the external behavior of people who are thinking of suicide, they may prepare themselves for death by giving up their precious property and ranking their work. They may also withdraw from those around them to change their sleep and food patterns or lose interest in their past activities or connections.
Such sudden and severe changes can be seen as alarming, as with these changes, one finds himself in a situation where his problems will soon be over and he will find peace.
- False beliefs and truths about suicide
▪ false belief: a person must be crazy to even think about suicide.
Truth: Most people have sometimes thought about suicide throughout their lives. Many people who kill or attempt to kill the truth: most of the time the picture is true, those who have committed previous suicide attempts are more at risk of suicide.
▪ wrong belief: those who intend to commit suicide seriously, nothing can be done for them.
Truth: Most of the crises leading to suicide are time-limited, and based on vaguely worded thoughts, those who attempt to kill themselves are somehow trying to escape problems, while they have to deal directly with problems in order to find other solutions that, with the help of those interested in them, are raised during the crisis and with their support, these people will be able to think more precisely about the problems.
▪ wrong belief: Talking about suicide can create the idea of suicide.
Truth: The resulting emotional crisis and turmoil have created a thought about suicide in the mind of the susceptible person, the interest and direct talk about suicide, allowing the person to feel the pressure or discomfort of talking about the problem. Such talk also makes a person who intends to commit suicide feel less lonely or isolated and may also be comforting to him.
- How to help a person who intends to kill:
Most suicides can be prevented by proper action on people in crisis. If you know a person who is attempting to commit suicide, you need to do the following:
Be cool: In most cases there is no rush to sit down and really listen to the person’s conversations and also understand, apply your emotional support to him.
Discuss suicide directly. Most people have ambiguous feelings about dying and dying and are ready to receive any kind of help. Don’t be afraid to talk or ask direct questions about suicide.
Encourage a person to use problem-solving methods and positive measures, remember that a person who is in a situation of emotional crisis cannot think logically and carefully.
Get help from other people, even if you’re going to help, don’t try to take full responsibility by taking on the role of counselor, seeking people who can help you in specialized fields, even if it comes at the expense of losing trust in you.
▪ information provided can be summarized as:
the crisis leads to temporary suicide.
Many of those who have committed suicide have been intelligent people who, in a crisis situation, expect too much of themselves and have been in turmoil.
Misconception: Those who once took serious action to kill themselves are reluctant to take action again
Suicide is one of the crimes that has a high figure among the criminals in Urpa and the United States. In the United States, at least 30,000 young people commit suicide each year because of their uncertain future and life without purpose. In France, 438 people kill themselves every day for various purposes. But there’s a question.
Anne Lauer, a student from Paris who had arrived in England for a short time before committing her own suicide, left a 13-page letter in which she stated the reason for her suicide. Anne Lauer wrote in a part of her letter that I wanted to end my life, and my only fear is that I would once again see myself in a hospital bed.
A police officer investigating the case stated that Anne Lauer’s death was a shocking and mysterious matter for her friends, family and relatives. Ms. Anne Lauer had a nice and comfortable life in France, but a friend said that one of her friends was full-fledged in life or, in other words, a perfect life, probably a subject that led her to do so in a way that she decided to commit suicide in the end.
Many people often wish to die when they are clamped down and think they are stuck in a dead end. Because of their bad feelings, they think that death can dispel their feelings. But the truth is that death can’t transform our emotions because they’re inside us and not in the external conditions of our lives.
- Suicide and its impact on your
family, each person’s death has a very important impact on those around them. Especially among friends, family and loved ones who are close to him more than any other person. The suicide causes Ahsa’s family and friends to ask that they were responsible for this. Many families have never been able to return to their natural lives after their lost loved one’s suicide. Today, your decision can destroy your family or close friends or cause them to be comforted and happy.